RENDEZ-VOUS sur http://reggaerootsforum.fr
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Mars 2024
DimLunMarMerJeuVenSam

Calendrier Calendrier

Statistiques
Nous avons 280 membres enregistrés
L'utilisateur enregistré le plus récent est cobaye

Nos membres ont posté un total de 28748 messages dans 1573 sujets
Connexion

Récupérer mon mot de passe

Le Deal du moment : -17%
Casque de réalité virtuelle Meta Quest 2 ...
Voir le deal
249.99 €

Keith Hudson - Flesh of my skin blood of my blood (1974)

Keith Hudson - Flesh of my skin blood of my blood  (1974) Empty Keith Hudson - Flesh of my skin blood of my blood (1974)

Message  Loopi Dim 31 Mai - 12:23

Keith Hudson - Flesh of my skin blood of my blood  (1974) Bratra-1005aKeith Hudson - Flesh of my skin blood of my blood  (1974) Bratra-1005b
Flesh Of My Skin is the most hallowed of all those reggae albums which remain unavailable, and Keith Hudson's key achievement in a career launched when as a fourteen-year-old he recorded members of The Skatalites on his Shades Of Hudson rhythm. Originally released in 1974, after a series of solid-gold productions for Ken Boothe, Delroy Wilson, John Holt, U-Roy and the rest, it projects Hudson's removal from JA to London and New York studios and transatlantic audiences, and inaugurates a sequence of albums - classics like Pick A Dub, Brand, Playing It Cool - which show his troubled experimentalism better suited to the LP than the cardinal 7" reggae format. Anchored here by Santa Davis and George Fullwood from the Soul Syndicate - alongside musicians like Augustus Pablo, Count Ossie and Leroy Sibbles - Hudson's mood is tormented and dazed, as on titles like Darkest Night, My Nocturne and Testing My Faith he struggles for Black senses of commitment - political, existential, religious - at its breaking point. Magnificently and deadly serious, hauntingly unique, unmissable and unforgettable.

• Hunting
  • Flesh Of My Skin
  • Blood Of My Blood
  • Testing Of My Faith
  • Fight Your Revolution
  • Darkest Night
  • Talk Some Sense (Gamma Ray)
  • Treasures Of The World
  • My Nocturne
  • I Shall Be Released
  • No Friend Of Mine
  • Stabiliser

BRATRA-1005 (LP/CD) 2004
LP#KH 11975
LP#ATRALP 10051988
CD#BRATRACD 10052004
A mon avis, la quintescence du son de Keith Hudson - Flesh of my skin blood of my blood
Loopi
Loopi
Leader Vocal

Revenir en haut Aller en bas